GFA Ambassador Programme
applications now open for gfa ambassador programme!
The Gloucestershire FA Ambassador Programme is recruiting for new members. We want to engage a group of enthusiastic volunteers to represent young people within football in our region.
If you are aged between 18-25 years old, this could be an excellent opportunity for you to join us...
The GFA Ambassador Programme is comprised of 10-15 young people who meet, discuss, plan and deliver the following objectives to support grassroots football:
- Support local grassroots clubs to create Youth Leadership groups to ensure that young footballers have their voices heard and can make a positive difference
- Gather and utilise feedback to make changes on how football is shaped and delivered across Bristol & Gloucestershire
- Inspire and make it easier for young people to engage with football, in either a playing, refereeing, coaching or volunteering capacity
- Increase the exposure and perception of Gloucestershire FA amongst young people and the wider football network through social media campaigns, events and initiatives
The group meets a minimum of four times across the football season at Oaklands Park, virtually, or at locations that suit the recruited Ambassadors. The Ambassadors will also be expected to attend 2 out of the 3 events that are planned and delivered.
Becoming part of the GFA Ambassador Programme will provide individuals with the experience that can enhance your CV as well as opening doors for a career within the FA or wider football network. On top of this, GFA Ambassadors will have access to the below incentive package:
- Nike Branded Kit
- Travel Expenses
- Opportunity to sit on FA National Youth Council and visit Wembley Stadium
- Opportunity to attend FA Leadership Academy at St George's Park
Get in touch
To discuss the programme or for any questions, contact Chantelle Thompson on the details below:
This individual will spearhead the group, taking the lead on meetings and designing and shaping the outcomes for the year. They will support the project officers to determine venues, dates and formats of the events. They will also be a key point of contact for members of staff at the County FA.
Each of these members of the programme will be responsible for leading one of the 3 flagship events. They will lead the event delivery on the day, and support the others within the group to work to the timescales required and ensure everything is prepared for the big day!
These members of the group will support the delivery of 2 of the 3 key events, attend meetings to provide input and shape the decisions made, and analyse the feedback from young people to provide recommendations for the County FA moving forward. Ambassadors will also be given local clubs that they will directly support to set up Youth Leadership groups.
If you are aged between 18 and 25 years old and want to have an impact on football at a grassroots level, this could be for you.
You don’t have to be involved with football at the moment, but it would be advantageous to have experience in coaching, refereeing, administering or supporting football.
You must live within our county borders which cover Gloucestershire and most of Bristol. We will encourage and accept applications from:
- Students within Higher Education at a College or University within the county
- Those in full or part-time employment
- Those currently volunteering within an adult or youth football club
- Those currently volunteering within an adult or youth football league
- Qualified football coaches
- Those in leadership roles with other organizations (Universities, sports bodies, charities)
- ANYONE who wants to make a difference and is aged 18-25!
How to Apply?
To apply for the programme, please download, complete and return the Application forms to Support@Gloucestershirefa.com.
You will be notified if you have been successful.
You only need to apply once, and if you are unsuccessful in applying for Project Officer, you will be automatically considered for an Ambassador role.