View from seat

University Transfers

Continue Refereeing at University

Every season thousands of referees up and down the country leave home and start their time at university.

Refereeing with a new County FA offers students an opportunity to integrate both within the local football community and university life. Refereeing will also provide an income to support studies.

Moving to Gloucestershire

Referees moving to study in Gloucestershire have a wide range of opportunities available in the grassroots game and the university sport scene.

When you move to Gloucestershire, simply confirm with the Gloucestershire FA and we will be able to affiliate you.

The process is easy, often completed with one email or phone call.

To discuss the options available to you or to affiliate to the Gloucestershire FA, please contact our Referee Development Officer, Roger Vaughan.

Leaving Gloucestershire

Referees that leave Gloucestershire to study in other parts of the country will need to go through the process of affiliating with their new County FA.

Once this is completed, you will continue refereeing as normal.

There are a number of Referee Associations within Gloucestershire, they meet once a month and welcome new members. These can be found under the Referee Association section of the website.
Yes, especially if you are going home at any point throughout the academic year. As long as you are a registered referee, you can referee anywhere in England.
Referees only need to register with their parent county (where they live) each season but can apply or ask another County FA to register them as an Associate Member.

Contact the Gloucestershire FA and we can signpost you towards suitable leagues.

Get In Touch


Related Articles

View All