The 2024 Football v Homophobia (FvH) ‘Month of Action’ is taking place this February, highlighting the initiative where clubs pledge to take action to tackle LGBTQ+ discrimination and to promote inclusion in grassroots football.
Clubs can get involved with the campaign by designating a matchday to Football v Homophobia, sharing details of the event across social media using the #FvH2024 hashtag and communicating the activity to the opposing team on match day. In return, clubs can receive:
- An E-Mailed ‘Campaign Pack’ with tips on how to make the most of a designated matchday
- Age-appropriate educational leaflets for players and opposition teams
- Your club badge added to the FvH 2024 ‘Champions Page’
- Free access to FvH’s ‘Allies United’ online workshop
- A discount code to purchase the brand new FvH inclusive football at a third off, plus a further discount code for a progress armband at 50% off
The aim of this month is to help raise awareness and tackle discrimination, ensuring that everybody feels comfortable on a football pitch making sure that football is for all.
Gloucestershire FA would love to see as many clubs as possible join in and can share with us any activities via social media using #FvH2024.