Sported is delighted to partner with Barclays on the Barclays Community Football Fund, offering small grants, training, kit, and exclusive ticketing offers to hundreds of clubs across Gloucestershire and the UK to make football more accessible in our communities.
After a successful launch last year, the 2023 programme is now open – providing grants and exclusive offers for groups delivering football activities to the most under-represented groups.
Through the Barclays Community Football Fund, Sported is creating opportunities for all young people through access to football – supporting the growth in participation at every level.
The programme provides access grants of £500 for groups wishing to start offering football, those keen to expand their existing provision to new audiences, or those already delivering football to under-represented young people.
This includes girls, young people from racially diverse communities, young people with disabilities, young people from the LGBTQ+ community and those from lower socio-economic groups.
Alongside the access grants, there are additional pots of funding and support resources for groups doing deeper impact work with under-represented young people. Click below to find out more and apply (a log-in required to access this page. First time visitors will be required to create a log-in).
SPORTED APPLICATION PORTAL
Applications are welcome from all types of organisations including football clubs, community groups, youth groups and charities.
To be eligible, groups must meet the following criteria:
- You are a not-for-profit organisation and have a governing document e.g. Constitution or Articles of Association in place. Unfortunately, we cannot fund companies limited by shares.
- You have a bank account in the name of your organisation. We cannot fund individual personal accounts.
- You have an up-to-date safeguarding policy in place.
- You are delivering football activities to young people (aged up to 24 years) OR you are wanting to start
- You already include an offering for girls or you are wanting to start
- You have the aspiration and capacity to grow your membership of young people from under-represented groups. This includes girls, young people with disabilities, from racially diverse communities and from the LGBTQ+ community.
- You are keen to access training to learn about how to engage with new under-represented audiences.