Safer Internet Day 2023
The Gloucestershire FA is proud to once again support safer internet day 2023 and endorses the work of the UK Safer Internet Day.
Safer Internet Day is celebrated globally in February each year to promote the safe and positive use of digital technology for children and young people. Its aim is to inspire a national conversation about using technology responsibly, respectfully, critically and creatively.
Tuesday the 7th of February 2023 is Safer Internet Day, with celebrations and learning based around the theme ‘Want to talk about it? Making space for conversations about life online’.
Here’s some things you can do to promote Safer Internet Day 2023:
- Sign up as a Safer Internet Day Supporter – register online here.
- Promote the day on social media using the hashtag #SaferInternetDay and tagging @UK_SIC.
- Check out the Safer Internet Day resources.
Watch the short clip below to find out how you can get involved:
We are asking parents, carers, clubs, volunteers and the wider online safety industry to take time to listen to children and young people and make positive change together.
This year we are hoping to answer the following questions:
- What issues really matter to children and young people?
- What changes do they want to see?
- How can we all work together to advocate for them moving forward?
With your help, Safer Internet Day 2023 can be a springboard for conversations that shape how we talk about and respond to online issues, not just for one day, but throughout the whole year.
Visit the FA’s Safeguarding page where you can find advice and guidance on ‘Safeguarding in the digital world.’