football facility development Officer
Location: Oaklands Park, Almondsbury, Bristol. BS32 4AG
Salary: Circa £24,000 to £26,000 per year, subject to experience
Hours per week: 37.5
Closing Date: 10th June 2022
Interview Date: Wednesday 22nd June 2022
Vacancy Type: Permanent staff
Gloucestershire FA is the governing body of football in the County. We grow participation, promote diversity and regulate the sport for everyone to enjoy. With over 600 Clubs and 2,300 teams of all ages and abilities playing in the County, Gloucestershire FA is proud to support Football For All.
We are a friendly and inclusive team and as an organisation, we promote the health, well-being and development of our staff. We have evolved a hybrid flexible working environment that enables staff to work from the office as well as offering the flexibility of working remotely in agreement with the line manager.
Please find out more about Gloucestershire FA and the work we do on the rest of our website.
Gloucestershire FA is committed to safeguarding children and adults at risk. Due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check through The FA DBS process. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and the information provided.
We are looking for a person with enthusiasm, energy, and a positive outlook with a passion for sport. This new role will give a talented person the opportunity to develop, promote and manage events and services that appeal to a diverse range of participants and business customers, driving increased usage of the 3G football pitch, hospitality building, conference rooms and meeting rooms at Oaklands Park. The successful candidate will also play their part in making football safe by supporting delivery of the County FA Safeguarding 365 Operating Standards and provide administration support for wider football development initiatives and events.
Key Accountabilities (refer to the Role Profile for full details)
- To deliver enhanced site revenue, developing, promoting and managing events and services that appeal to a diverse range of participants and business customers.
- To ensure safe and efficient usage of Oaklands Park site including the 3G pitch and associated facilities, indoor hospitality, conference, and meeting rooms
- To contribute to the effective delivery of The FA’s Safeguarding 365 Operating Standard for County FAs, helping to ensure safeguarding and equality are embedded in grassroots football.
What we are looking for
- This role would suit someone educated to A Level or equivalent standard, ideally with a Business Administration qualification at Level 3 who can take accountability for financial targets and deliver against those objectives
- They are likely to have excellent IT skills to fully utilise FA IT systems as well as the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Candidates will also need to demonstrate excellent time management and prioritisation skills, together with problem solving and decision-making skills.
- They will also be able to demonstrate effective and positive people management skills and take accountability for financial targets and deliver against those objectives
- A key requirement is good written and verbal communication skills as providing high levels of customer service to football volunteers and participants is essential.
What we can offer
- A rewarding career with the local governing body of the grassroots game, based in South Gloucestershire.
- Opportunities to develop your skills, knowledge and experience locally and potentially across the County FA Network throughout England and at The FA.
- Access to high-quality training, networking and personal development opportunities.
- Hybrid, flexibe working arrangements, working in a environment where you’ll be involved in all aspects of grassroots football.
- 28 days’ Annual Leave including Bank Holidays, contributory pension, life insurance
Equality and Diversity
Gloucestershire FA actively promotes inclusion and diversity and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any requirements in relation to the recruitment or interview process, please include details on the application form.
About the application and selection process
- Complete the Application Form and Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form and return to Recruitment@GloucestershireFA.com no later than Friday, 10th June 2022. Applications submitted by post to the Association’s office are welcome, but applications received after deadline will only be considered in exceptional circumstances e.g. proof of posting indicates undue delay through no fault of the applicant.
- Receipt of applications will not be acknowledged.
- Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by 15th June 2022 to confirm an interview date and time.
- Interviews will be held at Gloucestershire FA HQ on Wednesday 22nd June 2022.
- If required, second interviews may be held in order to determine the most suitable candidate for the role.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Finance Officer, Judith Langworthy, on 01454 615888 (option 5) for an informal discussion.