Inclusion Advisory Group Member
Location: Oaklands Park, Almondsbury, Bristol. BS32 4AG
About the Inclusion Advisory Group
There have been a number of significant changes across Gloucestershire FA recently, to ensure we are better placed to support leagues, clubs and participants across the County. So, it is an exciting time to be joining the Inclusion Advisory Group (IAG). Recruitment will initially be via an expression of interest form, followed by an informal discussion with a recruitment panel.
The group reports directly into to the Gloucestershire FA Board on all issues relating to inclusion, fairness, equality and diversity.
There are challenges in Gloucestershire to achieve a representative group reflecting the diversity of the County; however, we will seek to be representative of the communities that Gloucestershire FA serve. We are particularly interested in applications from females, those from the LGBT+ community and anyone with a passion and involvement in disability football. Individuals with a general background and/or passion for equality and diversity are also encouraged to apply to become members of this group.
We want to attract people from all backgrounds who may have relevant individual skills, knowledge and experience to enable them to have a positive and meaningful impact, able to provide sound advice and guidance. Please note that the posts are available to volunteers only (travel expenses will be reimbursed but no salary is involved).
The IAG member role profile setting out the purpose, personal skills and experience required is included in this application pack (see page 6).
If you are passionate about football, want to inspire people at all levels to change and reward those who make grassroots football in Gloucestershire such a success, then we would like to hear from you.
To be part of an Inclusion Advisory Group whose role is to:
- Advance equality of opportunity for all groups, as well as having a focus on the protected characteristics
- Support the County planning process;
- Foster good relationships with the local community so that football can be used as a vehicle to create positive sporting opportunities and increase participation for all;
- Eliminate unlawful discrimination, bullying, harassment and victimisation, and any form of abuse directed at specific groups.
Key Skills and Experience Required: Essential
- To have some knowledge of the key legislation relating to inclusion and diversity and to be able to promote inclusion and diversity as part of a group;
- To be able to identify key issues and trends that may help to promote the game through inclusion and diversity interventions;
- Experience of working with diverse groups and individuals who have different ethnicity and cultural backgrounds;
- To be able to identify key equality issues and to support the identification and delivery of solutions;
- To be able to successfully network with key staff and contacts within the County FA and the area in which the County FA operates;
- To be a positive team player within a group that will provide guidance to Council members, Directors and staff of the County FA.
- Have an interest in grassroots football.
- Be focused on improving those wanting to be engaged in football be it playing, coaching, refereeing or administration.
Person Specification: Essential
- Ability to communicate effectively and confidently
- Positive attitude to the requirements of the role;
- Capacity to handle confidential information sensitively;
- Amiable manner;
- Ability to work as part of a team group;
- Ability to work in a professional manner as a representative of the County FA;
- Ability to meet and work outside of normal working hours if required.
- To have a positive nature
- To have existing contacts within local communities and community groups;
- To have some knowledge of existing equality groups in the local area and who to contact.
Equality and Diversity
Gloucestershire FA actively promotes inclusion and diversity and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any requirements in relation to the recruitment or interview process, please include details on the application form.
Details of how to submit your application are contained within the application pack. If you have any questions about the role, please contact Matt Boucher on Matthew.Boucher@GloucestershireFA.com