GFA Ambassador Programme
Previously Known As Gloucestershire FA Youth Council, The Ambassador Programme Will Re-Launch By Recruiting And Engaging A Group Of Enthusiastic Volunteers To Represent Young People Within Football.
If you are aged between 18-25 years old, you might be suitable to be a part of the GFA Ambassador Programme
The GFA Ambassador Programme will be formed of 8-10 young people who will meet, discuss, plan and deliver the following objectives:
- Delivery of a UEFA Euro 2020 Event within the county to encourage participation in football
- Support the delivery of 2 Youth Football festivals and collect invaluable feedback from the participants
- Utilise feedback to make changes to how football is shaped and delivered across Bristol & Gloucestershire
- Inspire and make it easier for young people to engage with football, in either a playing, refereeing, coaching or volunteering capacity
- Increase the exposure and perception of Gloucestershire FA amongst young people and the wider football network
The group will meet a minimum of four times across the football season at locations that suit the recruited Ambassadors. The Ambassadors will also be expected to attend 2 out of the 3 events that are planned and delivered.
Becoming part of the GFA Ambassador Programme will provide individuals with experience that can enhance your CV to help you to apply for Universities and jobs, as well as opening doors for a career within the FA or wider football network. On top of this, GFA Ambassadors will have access to the below incentive package:
- Nike Branded Kit
- Subsidised training courses
- Travel Expenses
- Access to England and FA Cup final tickets
- Opportunity to sit on FA National Youth Council and visit Wembley Stadium
- Opportunity to attend FA Leadership Academy at St George's Park
- Opportunity to join Gloucestershire FA Council
This individual will spearhead the group, taking the lead on meetings and designing and shaping the outcomes for the year.
The will support the project officers to determine venues, dates and formats of the events.
They will also be a key point of contact for members of staff at the County FA.
Each of these members of the programme will be responsible for leading one of the 3 flagship events.
They will lead the event delivery on the day, and support the others within the group to work to the timescales required and ensure everything is prepared for the big day!
These members of the group will support the delivery of 2 of the 3 key events, attend meetings to provide input and shape the decisions made, and analyse the feedback of young people to provide recommendations for the County FA moving forward.
If you are aged between 18 and 25 years old and want to have an impact on football at a grassroots level, this could be for you.
You don’t have to be involved with football at the moment, but it would be advantageous to have experience in coaching, refereeing, administering or supporting football.
You must live within our county borders which cover Gloucestershire and most of Bristol. We will encourage and accept applications from:
- Students within Higher Education at a College or University within the county
- Those in full or part-time employment
- Those currently volunteering within an adult or youth football club
- Those currently volunteering within an adult or youth football league
- Qualified football coaches
- Those in leadership roles with other organisations (Universities, sports bodies, charities)
- ANYONE who wants to make a difference and is aged 18-25!
how to apply?
To apply for the programme, please complete the online application form before Friday November 22nd.
You will be notified the following week if you have been successful.
You only need to apply once, and if you are unsuccessful in applying for Chair or Project Officer, you will be automatically considered as an Ambassador.APPLICATION FORM