The FA Community Awards, presented by McDonald's
In 2010, The FA and its Community Partner, McDonald’s, teamed up to launch a brand new football awards programme to recognise grassroots clubs and volunteers across the country. The awards build on McDonald’s continued commitment to improving standards at grassroots level to help those coaches play an even greater role in their communities through the FA Charter Standard League programme.
The FA Community Awards aim to find the cream of the crop from across different aspects of the grassroots game and we ask that people in Bristol and across Gloucestershire get involved each season to nominate deserved winners in one of eight award categories so that they can be recognised for their achievements.
The seven award categories include:
- Outstanding Contribution Award
- The FA Community Club Award
- The FA Development Club Award
- The FA Charter Standard Club Award
- The FA Charter Standard League Award
- Volunteer of the Year Award
- Young Volunteer of the Year Award
The winner from each age group is put forward to The FA and McDonald's for consideration for the associated Regional and National Awards.
The nomination process starts in February of every season with the submission of nominations to Gloucestershire FA to be completed by mid March. Full details will appear on the News pages of this website during this period.
Depending on the period of involvement, football players, volunteers and referees are eligible for GFA Long Service Awards for their continuous dedication to the game in Gloucestershire. The Awards available are:-
- 21 Years Long Service (by players and volunteers)
- 25 Years Longs Service (by referees)
- 30 Years Longs Service (by referees)
- 40 Years Longs Service (by referees)
- 50 Years Long Service (players and volunteers)
Application forms are available to download below.