The Centre’s are a key part of The FA’s commitment to doubling Women’s and Girls’ football participation by 2020.
From Friday 1 December 2017, grassroots clubs, organisations and community groups will have the opportunity to apply to become an SSE Wildcats Football Centre, delivering football for 5-11 year old females in Gloucestershire, South Gloucestershire and parts of Bristol, through Gloucestershire FA.
What is an SSE Wildcats Centre?
An SSE Wildcats Centre is an opportunity for girls aged 5-11 to have fun, develop fundamental skills, try a variety of sessions and lay the foundations for a lifelong love of sport. Sessions are delivered by qualified coaches on a weekly basis, either after school or at weekends.
For those participating, the aim is simple; have fun, make friends and play football.
What do Centre’s need to apply?
• In the first instance, you need to make contact with GFA Football Development Officer, Alexis Lunn-Gadd, via Alexis.Lunn-Gadd@GloucestershireFA.com or 01454-615888
• An SSE Wildcats Centre must run for a minimum of 16 weeks during the spring/summer of 2018
• SSE Wildcats Centre’s must also demonstrate how they plan on attracting a minimum of 30 girls each week, and how the activity will be sustained post funding
• All success applications receive £900 start-up grant and 30 Nike footballs
• All SSE Wildcats Centre’s must complete registers at each session and upload them to the online system on a weekly basis. This is a crucial part of the funding criteria; failure to upload registers may result in the funding being withdrawn
• Participants should reflect the diversity of the population of the local area and organisations should be inclusive of disabled participants
• Any organisation that meets the SSE Wildcats Centre criteria can apply
-Application window opens 1st December 2017
-Application window closes 8th January 2018
-Successful Organisations notified 1st February 2018
-SSE Wildcats Centre Training February & March 2018
-National, Regional & Local marketing February & March 2018
-SSE Wildcats Centre start date W/C 9th April 2018
-FA Girls’ Football Week 23rd -29th April 2018
For further information, including the criteria, funding, training and support provided, please see the attached document.
To access the SSE Wildcats Girls’ Football Centre application form click here